For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Hi chiflyer, welcome aboard :thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

thefish7
Journeyman

chiflyer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:20 pm Hello - new board member here.

I am 74 and I live in Thailand. I remember listening with my uncles to (over the radio) the Bears beating the Giants for the 1963 championship. It was bitterly cold in Chicago that day. I had completed my paper route much earlier in the day on the Southwest side of Chicago. My feet still hurt from the cold.

Y. A. Title was driving the Giants toward a game winning score when Richie Petitbon intercepted a pass in the end zone with 12 seconds left in the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963_NFL_ ... rnal_links

Butkus, Sweetness, and many more came later. The 1985 Bears were an incredible fan experience. Recent years have been glum to say the least. I really like what management has done in the current rebuild. This is the first time that I have genuinely looked forward to a Bears season in many a year. The best part IMO is that current management has not sacrificed future draft picks as part of the rebuild.

I hope injuries do not become a big problem, as IMO they still lack depth.

Nuff bs
Ooh, another Bears fan in SE Asia! Where in Thailand are you? Is there a Bears bar somewhere there (VN doesn't have enough Bears fans yet for us to have claimed a spot)? I travel to Thailand for work pretty often, maybe could grab a beer or something.
chiflyer
Rookie

Hi - sorry about the slow reply. The FNG (NG stands for new guy) did not notice that he had a reply until this morning. I live out in the boonies about 30 kms South of Jomtien Beach. I am unaware of any Bears bars out this way. There are some sports bars here and there, but they tend to focus on Soccer and Rugby. If you get down to the Pattaya area, give me a yell. We were in Danang late last year. I liked it, although we caught some bad weather.
thefish7
Journeyman

chiflyer wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:10 am Hi - sorry about the slow reply. The FNG (NG stands for new guy) did not notice that he had a reply until this morning. I live out in the boonies about 30 kms South of Jomtien Beach. I am unaware of any Bears bars out this way. There are some sports bars here and there, but they tend to focus on Soccer and Rugby. If you get down to the Pattaya area, give me a yell. We were in Danang late last year. I liked it, although we caught some bad weather.
I'm in Pattaya pretty often. Since the largest concentrations of industrial development are in Rayong or Chonburi, it's the most logical place to stay for most of my business trips to Thailand. Danang is a pretty great city, all around, but when a typhoon rolls through it's not pretty! I'd anticipate a visit to Thailand sometime before the end of the year for work, will drop you a line.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

chiflyer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:20 pm Hello - new board member here.

I am 74 and I live in Thailand. I remember listening with my uncles to (over the radio) the Bears beating the Giants for the 1963 championship. It was bitterly cold in Chicago that day. I had completed my paper route much earlier in the day on the Southwest side of Chicago. My feet still hurt from the cold.

Y. A. Title was driving the Giants toward a game winning score when Richie Petitbon intercepted a pass in the end zone with 12 seconds left in the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963_NFL_ ... rnal_links

Butkus, Sweetness, and many more came later. The 1985 Bears were an incredible fan experience. Recent years have been glum to say the least. I really like what management has done in the current rebuild. This is the first time that I have genuinely looked forward to a Bears season in many a year. The best part IMO is that current management has not sacrificed future draft picks as part of the rebuild.

I hope injuries do not become a big problem, as IMO they still lack depth.

Nuff bs
What’s up? Welcome aboard! Good group of guys here. No discussing politics at all.

We have fun with each other from time to time but it’s not personal it’s just horseplay.

I also like this board because it’s more fun than using the EAP at work and trying to figure out WTF is wrong with this franchise.

Nice about the Thailand thing. I bet the food is good.
chiflyer
Rookie

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:55 pm .......

What’s up? Welcome aboard! Good group of guys here. No discussing politics at all.

We have fun with each other from time to time but it’s not personal it’s just horseplay.

I also like this board because it’s more fun than using the EAP at work and trying to figure out WTF is wrong with this franchise.

Nice about the Thailand thing. I bet the food is good.
We recently bought a pool villa out in the boonies. We tend to eat at home. I am a decent home cook. Dining out options can be quite good.

No politics sounds right for a sports board.
chiflyer
Rookie

thefish7 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:40 am

I'm in Pattaya pretty often. Since the largest concentrations of industrial development are in Rayong or Chonburi, it's the most logical place to stay for most of my business trips to Thailand. Danang is a pretty great city, all around, but when a typhoon rolls through it's not pretty! I'd anticipate a visit to Thailand sometime before the end of the year for work, will drop you a line.
Sounds good. I will keep an eye out for a message.
Bearsfan34
Practice Squad

Hello everyone.
Retiree here of working 40 yrs at Sterling Comm Roofing member of Local 11 Chicago.

Huge Bears fan since Walter Payton was a rookie.......

Live in Lyndon,Il,a small,very small town of 600 outside of Sterling.
Love the the Bears and Cubs and a short lived 80s and 90s Bulls......What a fun time that was.....
Lived in a household where my Dad and 3 brothers were diehard GB Packer and Stl Cardinal fans......Had my fun in the 80s with the Bears and 2016 with the Cubs,but the rest of it....bahhhh
And worst thing about it is,theyre not here anymore to harass me.

Looking forward to some Bears conversation on an up and coming exciting season.....
dplank
Hall of Famer

Bearsfan34 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:12 pm Hello everyone.
Retiree here of working 40 yrs at Sterling Comm Roofing member of Local 11 Chicago.

Love the the Bears and Cubs and a short lived 80s and 90s Bulls......What a fun time that was.....
Lived in a household where my Dad and 3 brothers were diehard GB Packer and Stl Cardinal fans......Had my fun in the 80s with the Bears and 2016 with the Cubs,but the rest of it....bahhhh

Looking forward to some Bears conversation on an up and coming exciting season.....
Welcome!
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

:welcome:

Jump on in.
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Welcome. Looks like I'm a blend of you and your brothers - Bears and Cards. If the Bears play this year like they did vs the Pack, it's going to be a lost year for me sports wise.
The Grizzly One
Crafty Veteran

I'm in the same boat Cardinals since 1968 and Bears since 1969. It's been a while since the Cardinalls were this bad. Now the Bears, that one hurt.
I'm gone. Have a nice life. I'm clearly not wanted here.
Shadow
Assistant Coach

Just wanted to Welcome all the new members. I have been busy and have not had time to keep track of all the newest members. Sorry I missed your entries here.
Goos group of guys here ( ignore the occasional grumpy posts) that have some great insights and sometime just silly or funny ones.
I have enjoyed my time here so far.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
Shadow
Assistant Coach

Shadow wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:39 am Just wanted to Welcome all the new members. I have been busy and have not had time to keep track of all the newest members. Sorry I missed your entries here.
Good group of guys here ( ignore the occasional grumpy posts) that have some great insights and sometime just silly or funny ones.
I have enjoyed my time here so far.
A new Era begins in the NFC North!

Sadly, it does not involve the Bears.... :frustrated:
Sweetness34
Practice Squad

Hey everyone! I have greatly enjoyed reading these boards for the last several months. There isn't much enjoyment for the team we all root for right now unfortunately, but the information from several of the contributors here is amazing. Figured it was time to register and join the party. I live in Nebraska and have been a Bears fan my whole life. I admit I jumped on the bandwagon in 1985 when Chicago was the best team in NFL history. I was 7 at the time and just starting to get into the NFL and while I did jump onto the best team in the league, I have never left or wavered. Bears fan for life! Go Bears!!!!
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Welcome to the asylum.

Our mods run a pretty good ship, all things considered.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Sweetness34 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:36 pm Hey everyone! I have greatly enjoyed reading these boards for the last several months. There isn't much enjoyment for the team we all root for right now unfortunately, but the information from several of the contributors here is amazing. Figured it was time to register and join the party. I live in Nebraska and have been a Bears fan my whole life. I admit I jumped on the bandwagon in 1985 when Chicago was the best team in NFL history. I was 7 at the time and just starting to get into the NFL and while I did jump onto the best team in the league, I have never left or wavered. Bears fan for life! Go Bears!!!!
Hey buddy, welcome to the board!

Real quick, and this is deadly important, we need to know. Fields or Bagent? This is 100% one or the other.
Sweetness34
Practice Squad

Rusty Trombagent wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:57 pm
Sweetness34 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:36 pm Hey everyone! I have greatly enjoyed reading these boards for the last several months. There isn't much enjoyment for the team we all root for right now unfortunately, but the information from several of the contributors here is amazing. Figured it was time to register and join the party. I live in Nebraska and have been a Bears fan my whole life. I admit I jumped on the bandwagon in 1985 when Chicago was the best team in NFL history. I was 7 at the time and just starting to get into the NFL and while I did jump onto the best team in the league, I have never left or wavered. Bears fan for life! Go Bears!!!!

Real quick, and this is deadly important, we need to know. Fields or Bagent? This is 100% one or the other.

LOL! Bagent as a placeholder until next years draft. I've seen enough from Fields.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Hey man, welcome :welcome:
You’ve been a Bears fan as long as I have :clap:

dplank
Hall of Famer

Sweetness34 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:18 pm
Rusty Trombagent wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:57 pm

LOL! Bagent as a placeholder until next years draft. I've seen enough from Fields.
I hate you, please never post again. :rofl:
46plank
Rookie

Hey all. I’m Brian from Central Illinois. I came over to check this site out from CCS. CCS is a bunch of guys that get off on insulting each other. It’s a joke. I’ve been a fan since the late ‘60s, and the Bears are my favorite sports team. I hope to get some good conversations over here and look forward to game threads!!
dplank
Hall of Famer

46plank wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:26 pm Hey all. I’m Brian from Central Illinois. I came over to check this site out from CCS. CCS is a bunch of guys that get off on insulting each other. It’s a joke. I’ve been a fan since the late ‘60s, and the Bears are my favorite sports team. I hope to get some good conversations over here and look forward to game threads!!
Welcome! From one Plank to another :toast:
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Welcome Brian :welcome:

Good to see you mate.

Xee
Site Admin

@46plank Welcome! I think you'll find the experience here a lot different than CCS (for the better). Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

46plank wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:26 pm Hey all. I’m Brian from Central Illinois. I came over to check this site out from CCS. CCS is a bunch of guys that get off on insulting each other. It’s a joke. I’ve been a fan since the late ‘60s, and the Bears are my favorite sports team. I hope to get some good conversations over here and look forward to game threads!!
Welcome from another Central IL resident. Great site, enjoy.
UOK
Site Admin

Welcome aboard! Champaign resident myself. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum!
TJBearUK
Rookie

Hi, all!

Me and my fiancé are from Sheffield in the UK. Having watched a few Super Bowls together over the years and always threatening to properly take up watching American Football, this season we finally bit the bullet and chose a team.

We've always referred to each other as bears, so there was only one clear choice for us.

We've loved getting into the sport and have tried to watch as many games as we can (time zones permitting). Been a bit of a rollercoaster and we're still learning lots about the game but we've totally got the Bears bug. I'm sat typing this wearing a JF1 jersey 😂

Obviously being a Brit my first love has always been football and my club is Sheffield United. We have our moments but often disappoint which I feel will stand me in good stead for a lifetime of watching the Bears!

I've been an active member of a Sheffield United forum for over ten years so I'm all about the forum life. Looking forward to reading, learning more and chatting with you.

Bear down 🐻
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

:welcome:

Hey @TJBearUK

Also from GB.Also from Yorkshire, though I’m North Yorkshire.
Been a Bears fan since mid 80’s, remember tuning into Armed Forces radio back in the day to get my NFL. :lol:

You made a great choice with the Bears and also this forum.
There are a few other brits on here too who will also be very welcoming.

Are you going to try and get tickets when the Bears come to London?

TJBearUK
Rookie

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:16 am :welcome:

Hey @TJBearUK

Also from GB.Also from Yorkshire, though I’m North Yorkshire.
Been a Bears fan since mid 80’s, remember tuning into Armed Forces radio back in the day to get my NFL. :lol:

You made a great choice with the Bears and also this forum.
There are a few other brits on here too who will also be very welcoming.

Are you going to try and get tickets when the Bears come to London?
Small world! Yorkshire folk get about 😂

Yeah we're going to try and score tickets if we can. Thought we might have an in as one of our mates is a season ticket holder at Spurs and we thought they might get priority, but apparently that isn't the case. Either way, we're desperate to be there.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

TJBearUK wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:10 am this season we finally bit the bullet and chose a team.

there was only one clear choice for us.

we've totally got the Bears bug

a lifetime of watching the Bears!

I have serious concerns about your judgement

but :welcome:
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.