Introduce Yourself!

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

malagabears
Journeyman

Back after 4 years, hope to keep it real and contribute.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Welcome are you from Spain? What's the malaga for?
Xee
Site Admin

dplank wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:58 pm Welcome are you from Spain? What's the malaga for?
;)
viewtopic.php?p=205265#p205265

And welcome back, @malagabears ! I had the chance to go to Spain last year and it was amazing. We mostly stayed in Madrid except for a day trip to Salamanca. I really loved the experience of walking all over Madrid where it seemed like great restaurants were on every corner. And the architecture and history of Salamanca made me seriously consider it as a place to retire to when that day comes.
malagabears
Journeyman

Xee wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:07 pm
dplank wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:58 pm Welcome are you from Spain? What's the malaga for?
;)
viewtopic.php?p=205265#p205265

And welcome back, @malagabears ! I had the chance to go to Spain last year and it was amazing. We mostly stayed in Madrid except for a day trip to Salamanca. I really loved the experience of walking all over Madrid where it seemed like great restaurants were on every corner. And the architecture and history of Salamanca made me seriously consider it as a place to retire to when that day comes.
Well I've lived here going on 25 years (38 total in Europe). It's a great place to retire. It has everything you need to include 70 degree average temps year-round and 300 days of sunshine. Andalucía (the autonomous region which encompasses Malaga province plus 7 others) is rich with history, culture, and very friendly people. Xee, if you want retirement info PM me and I will be glad to give you the scoop.
Peanut33
Rookie

Hello guys, just joined this morning
Hoping for great draft this weekend and Poles building a young core for 2023, we need talent.
Looking forward to your opinions
Xee
Site Admin

Happy to have you, @Peanut33!
wab
Mod

Welcome!
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Peanut33 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:28 am Hello guys, just joined this morning
Hoping for great draft this weekend and Poles building a young core for 2023, we need talent.
Looking forward to your opinions
Hi Peanut, I’m on year 2 now and it seems there’s a bit of “pre-draft angst” going on at the moment.

It soon calms down. This is well run site with lots of great contributors. I’ve gained a lot of knowledge and that’s down to the contributors and the administrators/moderators.

Stay with it, join in, it’s a welcoming place.

:thumbsup:
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Peanut33
Rookie

Thanks guys, apprciate the welcome!
I am trying to keep my “ pre-draft angst” under control, and understand that Ryan Poles is playing a long game.
What nags at me a bit is our position groups that have seen a talent depletion, OL/DL/WR/ DB have me concerned
wickerkat
Rookie

I left another forum due to trolls and doxxers. My name is Richard Thomas and I'm a writer, editor, and teacher. Been a Bears fan since I moved to Chicago from St. Louis back in 1990. Grew up with the Cardinals and when they left for ARI I let them go. Rams were never my team. Was easy to root for the Bulls when I got here, no team in STL. Love the Bears, but man, it's been frustrating. I like what Poles/Flus are doing, some unlucky moves with DT and all, but looking forward to the draft. Hope they go OL/WR in the 2nd. I like Fields, and think he'll take a big step forward this year.

Bear down.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

wickerkat wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:49 am I left another forum due to trolls and doxxers. My name is Richard Thomas and I'm a writer, editor, and teacher. Been a Bears fan since I moved to Chicago from St. Louis back in 1990.
Man, 5 posts in and you already doxxed yourself.

Ban

:gravel:
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

;)
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wickerkat wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:49 am I left another forum due to trolls and doxxers. My name is Richard Thomas and I'm a writer, editor, and teacher. Been a Bears fan since I moved to Chicago from St. Louis back in 1990. Grew up with the Cardinals and when they left for ARI I let them go. Rams were never my team. Was easy to root for the Bulls when I got here, no team in STL. Love the Bears, but man, it's been frustrating. I like what Poles/Flus are doing, some unlucky moves with DT and all, but looking forward to the draft. Hope they go OL/WR in the 2nd. I like Fields, and think he'll take a big step forward this year.

Bear down.
Welcome Richard :)

wickerkat
Rookie

Moriarty wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:13 am
wickerkat wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:49 am I left another forum due to trolls and doxxers. My name is Richard Thomas and I'm a writer, editor, and teacher. Been a Bears fan since I moved to Chicago from St. Louis back in 1990.
Man, 5 posts in and you already doxxed yourself.

Ban

:gravel:
LOL I mean, I didn't give my home address though...LOL
Last edited by wickerkat on Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
wickerkat
Rookie

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:40 am
wickerkat wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:49 am I left another forum due to trolls and doxxers. My name is Richard Thomas and I'm a writer, editor, and teacher. Been a Bears fan since I moved to Chicago from St. Louis back in 1990. Grew up with the Cardinals and when they left for ARI I let them go. Rams were never my team. Was easy to root for the Bulls when I got here, no team in STL. Love the Bears, but man, it's been frustrating. I like what Poles/Flus are doing, some unlucky moves with DT and all, but looking forward to the draft. Hope they go OL/WR in the 2nd. I like Fields, and think he'll take a big step forward this year.

Bear down.
Welcome Richard :)
Thanks.
wickerkat
Rookie

@Xee I couldn't reply to your message, not sure why (too new here?) but it was ChiCitySports. https://www.chicitysports.com/
Heinz D.
MVP

Hi, everybody.

My old hangout has gotten sort of hysterical, and ridiculous.

Hope things are better here.
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Heinz D.
MVP

malagabears wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:53 pm Back after 4 years, hope to keep it real and contribute.
Good to see you here, man. Hope things are going well for you! :)
Xee
Site Admin

Heinz D. wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:31 pm Hi, everybody.

My old hangout has gotten sort of hysterical, and ridiculous.

Hope things are better here.
I'm obviously biased and have no idea where your old hangout was but yes, we are better. :D

:welcome:
Heinz D.
MVP

Xee wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:43 pm I'm obviously biased and have no idea where your old hangout was but yes, we are better. :D

I haven't poked around here much yet...so I'll ask cautiously...has the Poles/draft hysteria infected this place?

Because that nonsense is driving me mad.
Xee
Site Admin

Heinz D. wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:49 pm
Xee wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:43 pm I'm obviously biased and have no idea where your old hangout was but yes, we are better. :D

I haven't poked around here much yet...so I'll ask cautiously...has the Poles/draft hysteria infected this place?

Because that nonsense is driving me mad.
To quote @UOK who I thought summed it up well, ". . . this IS a message board, and we have months until there's actual games to break down, so in the interim it's fairly standard procedure to wildly speculate and shit one's pants over phantom thoughts and pot-stirring social media "experts.""

So yes, you'll find proponents of all camps here (koolaid chuggers, gloom-and-doomers, etc.) but everyone here knows how to keep it clean and not make things personal. And again, I'm biased, but I think @UOK and @wab do a great job of keeping this troll-free and ensuring that everyone follows the rules.
Heinz D.
MVP

Xee wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:57 pm To quote @UOK who I thought summed it up well, ". . . this IS a message board, and we have months until there's actual games to break down, so in the interim it's fairly standard procedure to wildly speculate and shit one's pants over phantom thoughts and pot-stirring social media "experts.""

So yes, you'll find proponents of all camps here (koolaid chuggers, gloom-and-doomers, etc.) but everyone here knows how to keep it clean and not make things personal. And again, I'm biased, but I think @UOK and @wab do a great job of keeping this troll-free and ensuring that everyone follows the rules.
Good to know the hysteria hasn't overtaken the place. I know that craziness is mostly media driven--but I have no idea why they've taken that angle. There are the big outlets that ignore the Bears, ignore the Bears, then chime in when necessary (Kiper gave the Bears draft a B- because they "still have a hole at RT" for Pete's sake!), and then prattle about...weirdly.

I think something like predicting multiple playoff victories this season is a little beyond the pale...but predicting a complete horrorshow is essentially the same.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Heinz D. wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:06 pm
Xee wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:57 pm To quote @UOK who I thought summed it up well, ". . . this IS a message board, and we have months until there's actual games to break down, so in the interim it's fairly standard procedure to wildly speculate and shit one's pants over phantom thoughts and pot-stirring social media "experts.""

Good to know the hysteria hasn't overtaken the place. I know that craziness is mostly media driven--but I have no idea why they've taken that angle. There are the big outlets that ignore the Bears, ignore the Bears, then chime in when necessary (Kiper gave the Bears draft a B- because they "still have a hole at RT" for Pete's sake!), and then prattle about...weirdly.

I think something like predicting multiple playoff victories this season is a little beyond the pale...but predicting a complete horrorshow is essentially the same.
:wave: Welcome Heinz.

There are some good sensible people here who will have a stern word and call that hysteria out.
This place is also well moderated :thumbsup:

Heinz D.
MVP

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:59 am :wave: Welcome Heinz.

There are some good sensible people here who will have a stern word and call that hysteria out.
This place is also well moderated :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind howdy-do. :D

All that is good to know. My other football hangout basically isn't moderated. At all. Yeah...makes total sense, don't it?

And any admin with a Calvin and Hobbes avatar automatically gets the benefit of the doubt, in my book!
dplank
Hall of Famer

Welcome! Many of us are refugees from one site or another. This is a very nice place. The rules are pretty simple - no politics, period full stop. You'll see it's moderated pretty heavily. The folks here for the most part are really nice and very knowledgeable.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Heinz D. wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:06 pm

Welcome aboard!

Define "hysteria". LOL :)

We try and be objective about things around here. Some pretty good and knowledgeable back and forth. For whatever reason the topic of QBs brings out the big guns.

But yeah, we all get along around here and the ribbing happens but it's good natured guy sports type stuff. Nothing wild.
Heinz D.
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:04 am Define "hysteria". LOL :)
Oh...the Bears are doomed because they traded Mack and didn't re-sign Robinson. The Bears are doomed because they drafted a CB and a S in the second. The Bears are doomed because they drafted that kid from Tennessee in the third. The Bears are doomed because Justin Fields is going to get killed next year. Justin Fields is doomed because Ryan Poles obviously doesn't care about him.

THE FREAKIN' BEARS ARE DOOMED, Y'ALL!!!

I mean--can't you just feel it? Doesn't that make you hyperventilate just thinking about it? Doesn't it compel to you post page after page of endless nonsense on an online football message board (between bouts of hyperventilating, of course)?

:frustrated:

I summed up my thoughts on the Bears off-season in the Poles thread. I think people getting so worked up about the current state of the Bears are just being silly. And annoying, for the most part. Can't leave that out. Apparently the Bears fans on Twitter are borderline apoplectic.
malagabears
Journeyman

Heinz D. wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:32 pm
malagabears wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:53 pm Back after 4 years, hope to keep it real and contribute.
Good to see you here, man. Hope things are going well for you! :)
Hey Heinz, good to see you around these parts. Yeah things are good. All retired (albeit quite young) and hoping for an entertaining Bears season. That's my expectation.
Heinz D.
MVP

malagabears wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:06 pm Hey Heinz, good to see you around these parts. Yeah things are good. All retired (albeit quite young) and hoping for an entertaining Bears season. That's my expectation.
Hey man, can't PM yet...so don't think I'm blowin' you off! :D

But I don't plan on going anywhere...so we'll have plenty of time...
Xee
Site Admin

Heinz D. wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:32 pm
malagabears wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:06 pm Hey Heinz, good to see you around these parts. Yeah things are good. All retired (albeit quite young) and hoping for an entertaining Bears season. That's my expectation.
Hey man, can't PM yet...so don't think I'm blowin' you off! :D

But I don't plan on going anywhere...so we'll have plenty of time...
Fixed that. Looks like we had the post threshold kind of high for PM ability so I just lowered it. You should be able to send them now.