Undrafted Free Agent Wish List

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

now that the draft is over who do you think we bring in? Any centers slip out of draft with high grade? i had to work most of drafts only saw who we got through twitter

Mod edit: This will be the thread to post any undrafted free agent signings as they trickle in.
Brybeck01
Rookie

Would love to see us pick up some of the following undrafted offensive free agents:

QB
Bray, Tyler 6'6" 232 Tennessee

RB
Graham, Ray 5'9" 199 Pittsburgh
Wood, Cierre 5'11" 213 Notre Dame

WR
Rogers, Da'Rick 6'2" 217 Tennessee Tech
Christopher, DeVonte 6'1" 200 Utah
Kaufman, Brandon 6'5" 216 Eastern Washington

TE
Lutzenkirchen, Philip 6'3" 258 Auburn

T
Marquardt, Luke 6'8" 315 Azusa Pacific
Becton, Nick 6'5" 323 Virginia Tech
Nixon, Xavier 6'6" 321 Florida

G
Summers-Gavin, Matt 6'4" 293 California
Bailey, Alvin 6'3" 312 Arkansas

C
Pocic, Graham 6'7" 310 Illinois
Cave, Braxston 6'3" 303 Notre Dame

Anyone you got your eyes on?
Anyone rumblings thus far?
Brybeck01
Rookie

And on the defensive side (was hoping Zeke Motta was gonna be passed on and fall to UFA), here's who interests me:

DE
Williams, Nate 6'3" 241 Ohio St.
Madison, Brad 6'4" 265 Missouri

DT
Grissom, Cory 6'1" 306 South Florida
McCloud, Anthony 6'2" 305 Florida St.
Tipoti, Aaron 6'2" 311 California

OLB
Thomas, Chase 6'3" 244 Stanford
Pough, Keith 6'2" 239 Howard

ILB
Reddick, Kevin 6'1" 243 North Carolina
Cain, Kenny 6'1" 225 TCU

CB
Adams, Johnny 5'10" 185 Michigan St.
Bushell, Adrian 5'9" 186 Louisville
Broomfield, Corey 5'10" 180 Mississippi St.
Price, Sheldon 6'2" 180 UCLA

S
Jefferson, Tony 5'11" 213 Oklahoma
Polk, Ray 6'0" 219 Colorado

We'll especially want to snag a CB or two
G08
Hall of Famer

I would love Matt Scott.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Iowa State WR Josh Lenz tweeted that he is joining the Bears has an undrafted free agent.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
EL ROCKSTEADY
Player of the Month

Josh Lenz ‏@Josh_Lenz 11m
Gonna be a Chicago Bear!
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

EL ROCKSTEADY wrote:Josh Lenz ‏@Josh_Lenz 11m
Gonna be a Chicago Bear!
I'm not giddy about this or anything.
EL ROCKSTEADY
Player of the Month

RING4CHI wrote:
EL ROCKSTEADY wrote:Josh Lenz ‏@Josh_Lenz 11m
Gonna be a Chicago Bear!
I'm not giddy about this or anything.
neither am I :?
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

DaRick Rogers signed with Buffalo. He must have been dealing drugs or something.
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

EL ROCKSTEADY wrote:
RING4CHI wrote: I'm not giddy about this or anything.
neither am I :?
I'm an Iowa State student. I'm actually ecstatic about this. Well, as ecstatic as a person should get about an undrafted free agent signing.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

This kid sounds like Ryan Swope without the concussions.
Xee
Site Admin

Brybeck01 wrote:Would love to see us pick up some of the following undrafted offensive free agents:
Merged the threads since they were about the same thing. And :welcome: !
Brybeck01
Rookie

thanks!

Whats the story with Lenz? he have a shot to make the roster?
Brybeck01
Rookie

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/4 ... ree-agents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rumored pick ups so far:

Safety Mark Harrison from Rutgers
Receiver Josh Lenz from Iowa State
Defensive tackles Zach Minter from Montana State
Brent Russell from Georgia Southern

Punter Tress Way
Michael Ford (LSU RB)
PJ Lonegran (LSU C)
Damontre Hurst Oklahoma CB

Ford may be the most interesting, though I don't know if I'd want him to steal my ND boy Armando Allen
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Really cant believe Thomas went undrafted. I really thought he was a solid third rounder with starting Sam potential. Clearly why I am not an Nfl scout.
EL ROCKSTEADY
Player of the Month

mmmc_35 wrote:Really cant believe Thomas went undrafted. I really thought he was a solid third rounder with starting Sam potential. Clearly why I am not an Nfl scout.
ya, especially with Emery, I do not think anyone on the planet got the Bears draft right.
VonCowbell
Practice Squad

A friend and I became committed 'Lutzenkirchen' fans for a day.
I promise you Bears fans, if he becomes a Bear, you have never had a more amusing name to cheer for.
chet8503
Crafty Veteran

The Bears scouting department may have found some more complmentary players in free agency again .
Demontre Hurst ,Zach Minter , Tress Way ,Michael Ford , and Mark Harrison all could at least make the practice squad . I will also be hoping that PJ Lonergan makes it as a center because Lord knows we need one !
Middleguard
MVP

chet8503 wrote:The Bears scouting department may have found some more complmentary players in free agency again .
Demontre Hurst ,Zach Minter , Tress Way ,Michael Ford , and Mark Harrison all could at least make the practice squad . I will also be hoping that PJ Lonergan makes it as a center because Lord knows we need one !
Unfortunately, because we were all hoping for another center, Lonergan doesn't seem to have what it takes to play in the pros. I can see tho, why he might be useful to practice against: smart with good technique. Kind of a Gerald Ford type center: too clumsy to walk and chew gum at the same time.
Hardhitter47
Player of the Month

I like the Michael Ford pick(semi-bias). However, for those that haven't seen him play, check him out. He's short in stature but is fast and strong. Can get around the corner at blazing speed and stop on the dime to change direction. He'd definitely be a nice compliment to Forte and or help boster the return game.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

[youtube][/youtube]
Bearvengers
Pro Bowler

[youtube][/youtube]

holy hell zach minter has some purdy high lights

why wasnt he drafted?
"The McCaskey's send their regards"

Follow me on the Tweeterz: @QuetzalcoatLEL
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Bears website lists these ten UFA's signed:

LSU running back Michael Ford
Ford played in 37 career games with five starts at LSU, scoring 14 touchdowns (13 rushing and one receiving). He ranked second in the SEC last season in kickoff returns, averaging 27.5 yards on 20 returns. Ford, who entered the draft following his junior season, had four kickoff returns of 40 yards or longer, including an 86-yarder that set up a TD against Arkansas. LSU running back Michael Ford was second in the SEC in kickoff returns last season.

Rutgers receiver Mark Harrison
Harrison led Rutgers last season with 44 receptions for 583 yards and six touchdowns. As a sophomore in 2010, he started 11 of 12 games played and was named the team's offensive MVP, recording 44 receptions for 829 yards and nine TDs. Pro Football Weekly's 2013 Draft Preview describes Harrison as a "big, straight-linish, monotone receiver who flashes ability to factor outside the numbers and in the red zone."

Oklahoma cornerback Demontre Hurst
Hurst started all 13 games at left cornerback last season and was named All-Big 12 second-team by the conference's coaches after ranking fourth on Oklahoma's defense with 59 tackles. He had four forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries but only two interceptions in 53 games over four seasons with the Sooners.

Iowa State receiver Josh Lenz
Lenz caught 31 passes for 459 yards and six touchdowns last year at Iowa State, leaving the school with 104 career receptions for 1,325 yards and 10 TDs.

LSU center P.J. Lonergan
Lonergan started 38 of 42 games played at LSU. The Tigers were 31-7 in the games he started, including 11-2 in 2010, 10-1 in 2011 and 9-3 in 2012. He was selected SEC offensive lineman of the week last season following his performance against Mississippi, and earned SEC Academic honors in 2009.

Montana State defensive tackle Zach Minter
Minter was named first-team All-Big Sky last season after recording 29 tackles, 8.5 tackles-for-loss and three sacks, despite missing two full games and most of two others with injuries. He recorded his third career interception against UC Davis, setting up a late touchdown in a seven-point win.

Memphis receiver Marcus Rucker
Rucker started 26 of 44 games played over four seasons at Memphis, catching 126 passes for 1,665 yards and 14 touchdowns. He finished his career ranked fifth in school history in receptions, sixth in yards and tied for seventh in TDs. Last year as a senior he started all 12 games and led Memphis in receiving with 47 catches for 525 yards and three TDs.

Georgia Southern defensive tackle Brent Russell
Russell started 52 career games, recording 231 tackles, 54.5 tackles-for-loss, 25 sacks, one interception and five blocked kicks. Last season as a senior he registered 44 tackles, 8.5 tackles-for-loss and 4.5 sacks in 13 games.

Oklahoma punter Tress Way
Way was named All-Big 12 honorable mention by the conference's coaches last season when he placed 22 of 53 punts inside the opponents' 20-yard line. He ranks No. 1 in Oklahoma history with a 44.0-yard average per punt and hit five punts of 70 yards or more, including a 75-yarder at TCU.

North Carolina State cornerback C.J. Wilson
A four-year contributor at North Carolina State, Wilson tied a school career record by returning three interceptions for TDs. He graduated in December 2011 with a degree in sports management after just three-and-a-half years.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
chet8503
Crafty Veteran

Well Middleguard I tend to agree with you , but we desperately need a center and Lonergan was one of the leaders on one of the best teams in the country .
Middleguard
MVP

Anybody know anything about C.J. Wilson other than he was suspended for four games?
I thought this draft was supposed to be filled with CBs. How did the Bears wind up with this guy?
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

nice little article about lonergan. not really worth it's own thread though.
http://chi.scout.com/2/1300400.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;